I'm so sad

From what I know yes. look up cornish rock and is cornish rock the same as cornish X. The long name I believe is cornish Rock Cross. abbreviation = Cornish X. At least that's my understanding of it. now other dual purpose have rock like the Barred plymouth Rock . it can be used for meat and/or eggs but it's not genetically specifically bread for meat like the cornish X. Can you maybe trade for a different breed?? if you want pets and eggs don't get the cornish X. I'm afraid it will only bring problems. so so sorry. :(

Chickens can be divided into basically 3 groups; meat breeds (like fast growing Cornish X), egg layers (breeds that are primarily for laying eggs), and ornamentals (bantams, silkies, polishes and the like).
If these guys were sold to be egg layers or pets, they are not what you were led to believe. They should have made it clear that the chicks were not suitable for such purposes. Tractor Supply is notorious for this kind of thing. At least once or twice a month it seems, someone is here posting about something like this happening at a Tractor Supply. They also tend to mislabel their chicks, and sell unsexed chicks as sexed pullets. They don't hire very experienced people, and they don't properly train their employees to know what's what.

oh honey I'm so sorry. layers are birds that give you eggs everyday or so. Maybe your Aunt didn't know or understand what she was getting. what you want to look for are some nice pullets that means girls. and a good friendly pretty bird that lays well like a Barred Rock. They are smart and docile that means not agressive. That would be a nice breed for you. I'm sure she didn't know they are meat birds. I know it's sad but it's better for you if you trade them in or give them to someone and get a breed that will be longer lived. Hang in there sweetie and don't be sad ok? Get yourself some nice layers.

If these guys were sold to be egg layers or pets, they are not what you were led to believe. They should have made it clear that the chicks were not suitable for such purposes. Tractor Supply is notorious for this kind of thing. At least once or twice a month it seems, someone is here posting about something like this happening at a Tractor Supply. They also tend to mislabel their chicks, and sell unsexed chicks as sexed pullets. They don't hire very experienced people, and they don't properly train their employees to know what's what.
X 2. There were many posts last spring where people thought they had bought Leghorn pullets but mistakenly got Cornish X. Can you call the store to confirm they are "Cornish Rocks" and not white Rocks?

That's a excellent idea! if they are white rocks then they are not specifically bread for meat and will make a great layer for you! please let us know what the store says! hopefully this is a misunderstanding and they are white rocks not cornish rocks!

That's a excellent idea! if they are white rocks then they are not specifically bread for meat and will make a great layer for you! please let us know what the store says! hopefully this is a misunderstanding and they are white rocks not cornish rocks!
I really hope so too

Back
Top Bottom