I'm so sad!!

truechick

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 30, 2008
Garden City, MO
My local feed store is closing. The economy got them I guess. Now I have to find a good place to buy my chicken food. I sure will miss them!
hit.gif
All they small local feed stores are out of the way to go to. I like to make my trips count for more than one errand.

I hear ya all my feed mills are out of business and the one in town actually changed over to an eatery (which freaks me out bc they used to have a lot of stray diseased cats around which fed on all the mice for some reason that makes me not want to eat there EEEEEK lol
wink.png

You may find that even if the feed stores fail, the pet shops continue on without too much trouble.

Both kinds of outfits seem to be doing okay around here but the feed stores have changed an awful lot since I was a kid. Maybe I can say they've become boutique-ish or gentrified. I guess they are appealing mostly to the "horse set."

Everywhere there are people who are happy to live on a few acres and with few horses. That must be where the profit is. Folks with other livestock certainly seem to have taken a backseat at the retail level. But, I'm afraid that the cost of feed is going to hurt those people with the larger animals and the less need for them, first.

Check around with your pet shops. You may find your feed and supplies there and at similar prices. I hope so
smile.png

Steve

Last edited:
Oh there are plenty of places to buy it. It's just that they are the bigger outfits and I like to buy from locally owned business whenever possible. We are a farming community. But the economy is hurting everyone.

Back
Top Bottom