I'm so sad :(

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TheNewMrsEvans, May 21, 2011.

1. TheNewMrsEvans

TheNewMrsEvans Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Big Sur, CA
    I saw one reddish poo in the brooder this afternoon, but everyone looked happy. So I met my hubby for dinner, then came home to find our month old, only modern game girlie passed away. They are on medicated feed, but I've now read that isn't always enough. I'm getting sulmet, but I'm just so upset about my girl. She was a present from my friend in exchange for hatching some eggs for her. She was the only fancy pet baby we got this year and we were lucky she was a she...
    I know I'm weird, but I'm bummed and ticked that I had no chance to do anything before she passed. [​IMG]

2. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Sorry for your loss. Sometimes it just sneaks up on you. I had a hawk kill my sweet polish and a young black pullet I hatched. It was awful, and the polish was still screaming as she was being carried off. That was yesterday, today all the chickens were confined to quarters. I miss seeing them all running around searching for bugs:p

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Seems like a sad night in the chicken world tonight. [​IMG]

ETA: You're not weird at all! I've been sitting here bawling for hours over mine.

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

5. lclough1998

lclough1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hot2pot & gritsar, so sorry for your loss. I have only had chickens since the end of March and I can't believe how attached I am to my chicks and my girls, 7 and 10 are the ones that have made them very sweet hens by handling them every day since we got them. They love them! Your chickens were obviously loved and you did the best you could while you had them. They were lucky to have their life with you. Take care!

6. TheNewMrsEvans

TheNewMrsEvans Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Big Sur, CA
    Thanks guys! Ur the only folks who understand [​IMG]

7. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    I know how you feel!!! I'm SO sorry! My favorite Silver Spangled Hamburg passed last week. I am again so sorry!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. surgerynut

surgerynut Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Leavenworth, KS
    I am so sorry too. I lost a chicken 3 days ago, (the grandkids named him Grandpa). I bawled for an hour. They really are precious. [​IMG]

9. lil crickett

lil crickett Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2011
    I'm sorry about your chicken dying [​IMG] we have one that may die too we are trying everything to help it and it makes me so depressed because it keeps getting really sick

10. CheekyChooks

CheekyChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Doncaster
    Thats so sad! I'm sorry you lost her .... She was very lucky to have been much loved. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by