I'm so sad :(

TheNewMrsEvans

Songster
11 Years
Sep 15, 2008
Big Sur, CA
I saw one reddish poo in the brooder this afternoon, but everyone looked happy. So I met my hubby for dinner, then came home to find our month old, only modern game girlie passed away. They are on medicated feed, but I've now read that isn't always enough. I'm getting sulmet, but I'm just so upset about my girl. She was a present from my friend in exchange for hatching some eggs for her. She was the only fancy pet baby we got this year and we were lucky she was a she...
I know I'm weird, but I'm bummed and ticked that I had no chance to do anything before she passed.
sad.png

Sorry for your loss. Sometimes it just sneaks up on you. I had a hawk kill my sweet polish and a young black pullet I hatched. It was awful, and the polish was still screaming as she was being carried off. That was yesterday, today all the chickens were confined to quarters. I miss seeing them all running around searching for bugs:p

Seems like a sad night in the chicken world tonight.
hugs.gif

ETA: You're not weird at all! I've been sitting here bawling for hours over mine.

Last edited:
Hot2pot & gritsar, so sorry for your loss. I have only had chickens since the end of March and I can't believe how attached I am to my chicks and my girls, 7 and 10 are the ones that have made them very sweet hens by handling them every day since we got them. They love them! Your chickens were obviously loved and you did the best you could while you had them. They were lucky to have their life with you. Take care!

I know how you feel!!! I'm SO sorry! My favorite Silver Spangled Hamburg passed last week. I am again so sorry!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I'm sorry about your chicken dying
sad.png
we have one that may die too we are trying everything to help it and it makes me so depressed because it keeps getting really sick

Back
Top Bottom