I'm SO stupid

Bornacentury2L8

Songster
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Cartersville, Ga.
OK in my excitement to get started in chickens again I built a pretty good incubator and got eggs from a local farmer and got them in as soon as possible. The temp and humidity are perfect and I am excited . so I'm reading everyone else's posts and looking at pics (I loooove pics) and realized that i didn't put a plexiglass window on my bator!
barnie.gif
So when I hear the chirps and hear the moving, I'll have to peek through the air holes like I do to check temp and Humidity! Man!
hit.gif
I can see it now. Me dieing to open and look, but I know better.
droolin.gif
Maybe I can build another lid and just swap them out real fast? I'm afraid i might rough the eggs up some though..... POOO!!!!
somad.gif

You're not stupid!
I would wait until the hatch is over before making the modification to your bator.
But it does sound like it's working well, window or not!
Good luck on your hatch!
Carolyn

Oh heck yeah!!!! If you are on day 3, change that sucker!!! LOL If not, you WILL go insane wanting to see them better! I have to open my bator to hand turn 3 times a day up to day 18. You should be just fine! I would just watch the temps really close for a bit afterward. With the window it may not hold the heat quite as well. Good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom