I'm (somewhat) New! Hello!

hammond16

In the Brooder
Nov 7, 2016
Missouri
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
My husband and I got our first chickens about 5 years ago when we were in the early stages of our relationship. We picked up 5 chickens and a duck at our local farm store!
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
As of right now we have 5 chickens. 4 hens and a rooster.

(3) What breeds do you have?
We have 3 black Australian hens and a lavender Orpington hen and rooster

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I've been using this sight for years to find answers to various chicken and duck questions, I've always ended up here one way or another after searching Google for questions so I finally decided to join!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
My husband and I also have several ducks and we keep bees! We stay busy on our little 10 acre plot, gardening and building a shop house.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My family lives about 45 minutes from us but they come to visit every chance they get to spend some time with us and our funny flock of birds. My father-in-law has several bee hives on our land and we help him tend to those. We have 3 dogs who are a handful and we love hiking and being outdoors!

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

So glad you could join us! Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions about things, feel free to ask.

Welcome to our roost! :)

Back
Top Bottom