I'm soooo excited

purr

Songster
11 Years
Apr 30, 2008
east freetown, ma
I think my 2wk old ducks have finally imprinted on me.
OK , I brought them outside to have their outdoor playtime. I have the feet shaped pan meant to wash your tootsies off before you get in the pool.Waste of time none of the kids use it.
So I gave it to the ducks so they have that they are behind welded wire I put up in a circle for them and some shade from a piece of plywood.And usually while i'm standing there talking to them they huddle in a corner.but this time they were swimming in their pan. So I walked away about 8 ft to sit in the shade with my ice coffee and watch them frolic.
As soon as they realized I was gone they started peeping like crazy.Checking the wire for ways to get out frantically. So I went back to them started talking to them and they went back to swimming.
So I got brave and opened up the end of the wire and called to them and they followed me all over the yard. I went to go shut off the hose and they were busy eating bugs and when they realized I was walking away they practically flew across the yard to me. I 'm so happy I don't know how long it will last but this is awesome.
Little sweeties are sleeping in their brodder all cuddled up.Soooo cute
Oh there names are Froyd and Schizo. Ones very calm the other one is nuts.

yippiechickie.gif
clap.gif

k , I have brooder pics but I'll get pics of them out in the yard having fun next time they have playtime. And my camera batteries are dead so I have to charge them

Thanks for the grats .

Terry

That's great:) I am getting a new duckling tomorrow:) My other ducks sorta like me but will still run away if I get too close without a treat in my hand.

That is cool. No such luck with the wild mallard orphans I am raising. They go nuts trying to get away when I approach their pen. They are starting to put on their flight feathers so it will not be long until they will fly. Their is no doubt in my mind they will leave in a hurry as soon as they are released. That is going to be a mixed feelings day. It will be sad to see them go but also some gladness that I was able to give them a chance to live out their lives if they can avoid the duck blinds this fall.

Back
Top Bottom