im soooo happy!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ilovechickensrock, Nov 30, 2011.

1. ilovechickensrock

ilovechickensrock Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2011
    one of my EE's layed an egg today its her first its just as big as the BR that has been laying eggs for 1 week now i cant believe i finall have a greenish/blueish egg [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] and i know hich hen layed it, it was my little peaches(shes not that little XD) i love her soo much i thinnk i might get 2 eggs tommorow too yaaay [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. emerald eyes

emerald eyes Out Of The Brooder

Nov 22, 2011
    Congrats![​IMG]

I think my 3 hens are starting to lay again, they went through a hard molt or they were on strike. I found all three in the nesting boxes tonight; something they haven't done in a week! [​IMG]

Maybe they can encourage the 24 pullets to start laying before the end of winter!

3. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    [​IMG]

4. peterlund

peterlund Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    MA Cranberry Country
    There is nothing like a first egg...... Nothing in the WORLD..... There is nothing you can name that is anything like a first egg! (OK... who knows the real song?????)

P.S. Congratulations... IT only gets better!!!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  5. ilovechickensrock

Sep 6, 2011
    Quote:hope they lay eggs i can definatly wait for their first molt [​IMG]

6. ilovechickensrock

Sep 6, 2011
    Quote:i have never heard that song i cant wait till they all start to lay eggs [​IMG]

7. bobbieschicks

bobbieschicks Chicken Tender

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    Yeah! [​IMG]

It's such a great feeling to get that first egg. And it never gets old - at least not for me! I got so disappointed when Snow White skipped a day - I didn't realize they skip days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by