I'm starting my first quilt!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Kaitie09, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    I received a sewing machine and quilt kit for Christmas so here I go! It's a stashbasher pattern and so far I have grouped up the fabrics to make each section and I cut and sewed my binding together. I've been doing a little bit each day and just trying to do it right. I took a sewing class in middle school but that was it so I'm learning as I go. I'm planining on making a few rag quilts for family member for Christmas this year, so hopefully this will give me some practice.

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Best of luck, Kaitie! I look forward to seeing the pictures!

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Very cool. I started quilting after watching too many PBS quilting shows. I watched long enough, that I decided it wasn't that hard. Next thing I knew I had a quilt top, and realized that I didn't know how to finish it. [​IMG] I also realized that I needed to start with a smaller, and simpler pattern. So I backed up and managed to get a couple of dog size quilts finished up. That taught me enough, to be able the twin size log cabin quilt completed. I now have a sewing room, and a long arm quilter that lets me get the larger quilts finished up.

I wish you the best on your quilt.

4. katsdar

katsdar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    Good luck on your project don't forget to post pics, and you should think about joining one of our block swaps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by