I'm still amazed everytime..........

Discussion in 'Quail' started by _Randall_, Jul 20, 2011.

1. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Just standing in the wash room watching these little boogers poppin' out......I'm still amazed everytime one of these little honker-heads pop out of its shell. For the life of me, in every case, it looks like that little booger was not supposed to fit inside that shell...........and even moreso...........able to have enough room to rare that head back and peck him a zipper perfectly around the top of that egg, and push it open. There have been numerous folks come over here to watch the process. It's something every kid should be able to watch (well heck, adults too for that matter). Mother Nature.......she never rests. [​IMG]

2. gamebirdboy

gamebirdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    [​IMG]

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    It is extremely amazing! And I think this true "miracle" is what is so addicting! It is the setting of a simple set of eggs, waiting all those days, and then...a tiny baby zips out, all by itself, nobody telling it how to do it. The baby manages to grow in the egg and make it into the world. And the cuteness factor after they all dry off just warms the heart. [​IMG]

4. scatteredeggs

scatteredeggs Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    2x

creation right before our eyes

5. loopy119

loopy119 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2009
    Dayton, TX
    Agreed! I love hatching days! I have a bunch of coturnix about to hatch soon (like on Monday/Tuesday) and I can't wait to watch! For some reason the quail are more fun to watch than the chickens. I think it's because they usually zip so perfect and round! [​IMG] I ordered some quail rails for my turner and I can't wait to get eggs in as soon as this hatch goes in the brooder! Can you say addicted? Haha!

6. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    It really is amazing every time even thousands later! Enjoy!

7. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I love the lil popcorns!
    Just set 58 coturnix eggs last night

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by