I'm still new to this, I'm trying to figure out the breeds of my laying hens.

August2018

Hatching
Apr 21, 2021
Well to start off, I know my rooster is a definite Americana. Long story short I adopted these 8 hens and rooster from a lady who moved and no longer could keep them. She told me the breeds but I can't remember. I know theres 4 leg horns which are the white ones and I think a few Easter eggers, I can't remember what else she said.
I would really like to figure out the breed of the hen with the golden neck. She's just beautiful.
The only other thing I can remember is she told me if the rooster breeds with a few other certain ones they would be considered pure bred Americanas.
PXL_20210528_160521676.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210528_160644438.jpg

White:leghorn
Dusty gold: Easter Eggers
Silver: Blue Orpington (?)
Gold necked: GLW(?)
Not sure about the last two cause their combs are not what those breeds usually have.
X2 on the first 2. I think the silver one is an EE as well or a blue ameraucana
The gold necked maybe is a welsummer

Although it looks fuller-figured than mine, the gold necked girl's coloring is identical to my Welsummer. If she's laying beautiful dark eggs, then I'd guess that what she is.

I would really like to figure out the breed of the hen with the golden neck. She's just beautiful.
For the hen with the golden neck:

If she lays brown eggs, she's a Welsummer.

If she lays blue or green eggs, she's an Easter Egger.

If she lays white eggs, she's a Brown Leghorn who does not have the correct color earlobes for the breed.

Are you getting any brown eggs? Or just white and blue/green?

Back
Top Bottom