Im still not clear.

DRAGGINZUZU

Chirping
11 Years
Oct 30, 2010
I have 43 quail eggs in the bator. Do I stop turning on day 14 or do I turn day 14? Todays is day 14.. Sorry If Ive missed it somewhere.

4 days before hatch is my understanding.My FIRST quail eggs are 1 day behind yours....
wee.gif

well good luck with ur hatch too. I think im going to stop turning today and put them on the wire for lockdown.

Stop turning 3 days prior to hatch date and keep small end down and make sure humidity is good I leave all my eggs in the Quail egg cartons. The hatch out is better and make sure once in brooder keep temp around 100 and use towel or grip-rite for better footing for the chicks to develop properly good luck on the hatch..VQB

Quote:

What type of quail do you have in the bator?

For Japanese Coturnix: Stop turning on Day 14 (You don't need to turn on day 14)

Chinese Blue Breasted Quail (Button): Stop turning at day 13

Bobwhite and Valley Quail and Blue Scale: Stop turning at Day 20

Key: 3 days before hatch
smile.png

Quote:
No splitting hair here...

Broody hen keeps turning and moving eggs around until they hatch and she still beats most incubators as far as hatching rate is concerned.

So much for all "rules" opinions and commonly followed "truths".

Last edited:
Broody hens stop turning in the wild 3 days naturally, that's why we go by the stopping in the incubators 3 days. I used to do 2 days prior to hatch but then after research on nature observations, changed to 3 days prior to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom