Quail rough start incubating

Cheycanugget

In the Brooder
May 27, 2023
We locked down on day 14, day 16 we had power outage tossled incubator getting it to the generator then our generator went out that night day 17 nothing now day 18 I am SUPRIZINGLY seeing some pipping. I am concerned that some of them are pipping upside down, I can see the eggs moving but I see no pips should I try to turn them? I hate opening the incubator the one has been pipped since this morning not a lot of progress but I'd hate to shrink wrap it. Any advice welcome, with how much they've been jostled and two power outages I am shocked there's any movement.

Try to keep your incubator warm, even if you have to use hot water bottles.

What do you mean by upside down? Are they pipping from the pointy end of the egg or pipping on the fat end, but on the underside that you can't see? If they're pipping from the pointy end of the egg, they're in trouble. If they're pipping on the fat end, but just on the bottom, they'll be fine.

Try to keep your incubator warm, even if you have to use hot water bottles.

What do you mean by upside down? Are they pipping from the pointy end of the egg or pipping on the fat end, but on the underside that you can't see? If they're pipping from the pointy end of the egg, they're in trouble. If they're pipping on the fat end, but just on the bottom, they'll be fine.
Okay thanks I will keep that in mind! We have 2 out now and one totally stuck in the half of the shell.

Back
Top Bottom