Im thinking Roo...

Momofthewild

Chirping
Apr 9, 2020
3 week old Australorp. Supposed to be sexed hens from McMurray Hatchery....I think this one was an oopsie.

Attachments

• 20210810_115804.jpg
    20210810_115804.jpg
    608.7 KB · Views: 28
I'm not seeing any early signs of a cockerel either. Update us in a few weeks.
Yay!!! That's exciting. There's still hope. The comb is definitely more pink than the others-that was my one concern. But it definitely acts like a rooster. Stands like one, always the first to alert when a bird flies overhead. But I'm happy to hear there's still hope.

Behavior at this age really doesn't mean squat. I had a pullet that used to jump up and spar with everyone else. Through fences even. You'd swear she was a cockerel.

If this chick is a pullet, could just be that she will be top hen.

Behavior at this age really doesn't mean squat. I had a pullet that used to jump up and spar with everyone else. Through fences even. You'd swear she was a cockerel.

Ok thank you!!! That makes me so happy to know!

3 week old Australorp. Supposed to be sexed hens from McMurray Hatchery....I think this one was an oopsie.

So week 6....what do you think? Not a ton of growth in comb or wattle but noticeably redder. The feathers don't look roo-like to me. I have another australorp and it's wattle is very pale and small but feathering is pretty much identical. My rooster from my previous flock had a huge comb by now.

Attachments

• 20210901_132654.jpg
    20210901_132654.jpg
    878.9 KB · Views: 9
I'd expect bigger wattles to match that comb if it were a cockerel. That comb is awfully red though. On the fence with this one.

I say post updated pics in 2 more weeks.

Back
Top Bottom