I'm torn here!! UPDATE pg.5

I'm seriously thinking about going back when the "farm" is closed and chicken-napping him. Does that sound absolutely crazy??

If it wasn't for me 'rescuing' (some would call it stealing i guess) two dogs from a kennel, who by the way had every rib sticking out, they would be dead. I took them out of this mans kennel and brought them directly to the vet. They had heart worm, and dehydrated. Told the vet what I did and I said "if they want to put me in jail so be it, but I was not going to drive by these dogs every day and see this" I tried calling animal control and they could not do anything about it. The cops were called and the dogs were taken away
smile.png
NOTHING happened to me
big_smile.png
I would have thought the same way as you about taking it IF when you went back the same treatment was going on and IF they were not doing anything to treat him. It seems to have calmed down now...your great for going back to make sure things are ok for the little guy. I HOPE they decide to hand him over to you!
smile.png

Where in Fairfax is the county farm? My in-laws live in Burke and have never heard of a county farm. My husband grew up and lived in Fairfax/Prince William county until we moved out here to the country. He isn't aware of a county farm either. I'd like to drop in myself and see this place the next time I am up that way. Please share.

I am always totally uncomfortable when nastiness and cattiness starts....especially here because it so seldom crops up.

Guess I "got" what Birdlover was saying. She came to us to vent, get support, advice and think out loud. SHE saw what was happening and tried to convey it to us. I didn't think she was anything except compassionate and concerned. I knew she was not talking about some private enterprise.

I don't understand how her subsequent posts came off as "whacko"? Thought we weren't supposed to be name calling here and playing nice?

I am proud to have her here on the east coast AND as a polite, caring member of BYC!!!

My daughter just moved to Burke!!..

Hi Ellen...keep after them!!.. Miss Birdlover has been a part of BYC for many years.

Last edited:
Hiya Ellen! (ditto ML's comment btw lol you ole softie you!) Try and get a good pic of those feet (and send me a little reminder pm when you get it posted... I have been swamped this week with crisis dd and and only been able to pop in very occasionally while dealing with it)
If we can figure out "what" it is and treatment , surely they would ony be grateful if you offered to do so .

Back
Top Bottom