I'm totally a spring chicken

Jonnykatz

Hatching
5 Years
Dec 22, 2014
I just became a chicken farmer yesterday when my friend, Jacob, who is moving to Colorado, bequested us with 8 chickens, a nice coop, and all we need to get started. Jacob knows a lot about chickens, and I know nothing. He recommended the site.

Thanks Jacob!

Welcome to BYC. I'm glad you decided to join our flock. Congratulations on your new flock! It's always so exciting getting your first chickens. I would suggest going through the Getting Started Raising Chickens section of our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/getting-started-raising-chickens. There is loads of useful information there for first time chicken owners. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens did give you?

I'll have to ask him what kind they all are. I do remember he said a couple are Orpingtons

I'll have to ask him what kind they all are. I do remember he said a couple are Orpingtons

Orpingtons are a wonderful breed. I've raised them for years and they are very hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets of them), and good layers of large brown eggs. :eek:) Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC! That was a pretty nice friend to get you started with everything you need. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Good luck with your new flock!

frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom