I'm Trapped in BYC and I Can't Get Out!!

winniegirl

Songster
11 Years
Sep 15, 2008
Pennsylvania
Greetings,

OK, so all summer I've been thinking about my grandfather's farm, telling my little kids how neat it was to go there and feed the cows, play with cats, have baby chickens and ducks at Easter and "pick" the eggs (as they say in PA Dutch land) THen on a whim I call the township and ask if I can have chickens and they say sure, long as they are pets and no roos. I convince my DH who rolls his eyes but always agrees with my outlandish desires. I'm thinking of dwarf dairy goats next,

Then I look around for coops and only find beautiful Amish made ones that could be handed down thru generations, but out of my price range. Next thing I know a woman from church offers me her coop and two chickens. Poor things never had a run...

And then I discover BYC!!!
smile.png
( True, you are all probably a bit loopy on chickens but in a completely harmless and good-hearted way! I fear I'm halfway there
smile.png
)

I have already learned that the new chicks should NOT be housed right outside our kitchen window and our screened porch due to fragrance/fly issues.
roll.png
And I love looking at the coop pix, and I even caught DH checking it out last night! I have half a notebook full of notes on almost every topic. Many thanks to all of you who have already kindly pointed out better methods.

So I'm already addicted and I don't even have my birds yet??
Oh, and we need a run made by next Sunday and I don't know how DH will ever get it done

warm regards!!

It will all work out!

There is nothing better for the kids and the chooks!!

hugs to your dh and know the memories and values you are instilling will be with all of you forever!
hugs.gif

I compare the BYC experience to shopping at IKEA. Once you come in, you see lots of things you like and as much as you may try, it's almost impossible to find your way out of....

welcome-byc.gif

big_smile.png
ahhhhhaaaaa the addictive chicken fever is spreading!!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of BYC may you be forever blessed with the "Chicken Fever" but be warned there is no cure!!! Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom