Image of the week

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by montverdechick, May 15, 2007.

1. montverdechick

montverdechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2007
    Central Florida
    BYC,

How do you choose pics of the week? Where do we post them for you to look at? I have two that I think are great. Thanks

2. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I have a question about the pic too, when is it changed?

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

This is usually chickchair's domain. I built an application that allows her to easily upload images to the pic of the week. It automatically resizes the picture and pushes the old picture to the gallery here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/images/chicken-gallery.php

The goal is to have a new pic added weekly on Sundays, but sometimes she isn't able to get them posted.

You can send pic of the week submissions to me and if I notice it hasn't been updated by Monday I'll be the "POW" backup boy and load one myself.

Remember, we want to keep the pics unique and special to the pic-of-the-week so we setup a few rules:

1) Submissions must be "new" and can't be anywhere else on the net.
    2) You must have the rights to the picture and allow BYC to use them how / when they want.
    2) Once your picture is removed from the homepage of BYC and from the forum main page (and is on the gallery page) you can post it wherever you like.

Email them to nifty @backyardchickens.com

Any other questions please post them here!

BTW, first person to email me a picture can be the POW for this week!

4. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Is there a way to add who the picture belongs to, like maybe adding a caption and username???

5. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
    I'll second chicks rule. Had noticed a post asking about whose turkey was up last week, and I think CallandBawk just posted over on EZ about this wk's (BYC) being theirs.

6. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Me too! All these lovely pics, and we don't know whose birds they are....please put a caption on them.

7. chickchair

chickchair Rest in Peace 1959-2011

Jan 3, 2007
    Rob is correct...Send the pics to me via email. Don't post them first, as I try to get original pics up that haven't been seen yet.
    If they're already hosted on a page such as photobucket, just send me the link.

Do please put "pic of the week" in the subject line, so I'll be sure not to miss it.

Rob is the one who can answer the questions about captions, etc. I think it's a nice idea and lets me give credit where credit is due.... [​IMG]
    (this week's pic is from callandbawk99. Thanks, Dan!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by