imageshack and photobucket both stink is there

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by AHappychick, May 1, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    an easier way to upload pics? both web sites are not working for me and rarely ever do? I dont know if it is just my computer or not but is there some better way I dont know of?

2. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Are you resizing your pictures to "web" size or trying to upload print quality?

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I find photobucket to be the easiest to use and it usually uploads fine. Once I had it freeze up on me mid-upload, but those things just happen occasionally.

I have a flickr account and I find it somewhat confusing because they use strange terms instead of "album" it's a "photo set" or something like that. I thought it was a nice interface at first and easy to upload, but ended up switching back to photobucket.

I've also used Kodak's site back before photobucket. I didn't really like it and it's not even free anymore.

and what they said ^^ I always resize my pix to about 1/3 of the original, because a 10 megapixel cam takes HUGE high quality pictures.

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  4. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    I use Photobucket because with my limited computer skills it was the only one I could figure out. I will admit it is slow to get the pictures uploaded. Once I have them uploaded I go through and resize them to fit a 15 inch monitor. This is also slow, but with tabs you can be doing other things while they are loading and resizing. From there they are really simple to post for Auction sites, Emailing, etc.

5. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I use Village Photos a lot, it's very easy. But then I have had no problems with Photobucket either lately. [​IMG]

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Photobucket and DSL works pretty good for me!

7. amarook

amarook Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    Wellsburg
    Flickr is awesome!

8. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    It must be my connection or something then because everytime I go to upload it starts to work and then I get an error message that something happened in the network and the upload failed. I usually go to image shack then but today those were not loading either. I have very limited comp skills, but I do have the re-size function on so that the file is not so big. I even restarted my computer to see if that was the problem but it made no difference [​IMG]

Oh well I will try again.

9. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    I like flickr too.

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I use photobucket with no problems and webshots.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by