Impacted Crop... PLEASE HELP

Yes, we made about a 1 inch cut near the bottom of the mass but not totally, because I didn't want it to come into contact with the ground. our hens crop was dragging the ground. Get some tweezers and stick in there and pull the stuff out. We started that way and then went to pulling out with our fingers and feeling around for more. He is only going to get weaker by waiting. Our hen was able to have fluid go through her crop but no food. At one point she was down, so we did the surgery. She was fine didn't struggle actually seemed to feel better as we were working on her. We flushed the crop out with water dried the edges of the crop and put the super glue on then did the same with the skin. After letting it dry a bit coated with antibiotic ointment Kept her in a cage with nothing but yogurt and water with Tylan in it. I did give her a shot of pen g also.

I will say that after a few days I was weak and fed her some pellets and she ate to much and it did pop the skin portion of the incision but I just put blue kote on and ointment and it has healed beautifully.

he died through the night. i learned alot from this. i really appreciate everyone trying to help. thank you again.

he died through the night. i learned alot from this. i really appreciate everyone trying to help. thank you again.
I'm so sorry,i was hoping he would pull through. You did everything(even getting disgusting maggots)that is chick love. He was very lucky to have someone like you to care for him.

Back
Top Bottom