impacted crop still a problem....please help

Chickiemom1012

Chirping
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Denmark
I have given the hen apple cider vinegar/water via eye dropper and massaged the crop several times throughout the day, I tried olive oil soaked bread and she will not take but she had several poo poos today that were normal.

The crop still feels like a balloon filled with air and liquid when I massage it... should I intoduce any other foods or keep her only on the water? She is quiet but not on deaths door... very concerned about the lack of of improvement....she is seperated in a puppy kennel on a warm blankie inside for now.

any additional suggestions would help.... nervous new chickiemom!!!!

I sure wish I could help your little hen but I have no idea. I sure hope someone here can help you with her! I do wish you all the best and
hugs.gif
to that little hen!

OK my nursing techniques paid off, my darling hen's crop has gone down this morning. She will not eat the olive oil soaked bread so I am trying some plain yogurt this morning before putting her back with the others

She is much perkier (sp?) and is ready to return to the coop I think. I am going to include apple cider vinegar in their water permantly to prevent this in the future. Some of the replies and also my vet said that this is a good preventative measure.

Thanks for everyone's help. My husband thanks you too because I was crazy for 3 days thinking my baby was not going to make it!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom