Impacted crop to ... doughy or squishy crop?

Pics
Ethyl alcohol is booze. It can cause metabolic changes in her body. However, the amounts are tiny, and the duration of exposure will be just one week. You need to decide if you want to risk exposing her to alcohol. If her liver is diseased to any degree, this could kick her over into full liver failure, but that would be the worst scenario, and likely low in probability.

I can't even tell you what I would decide if she were my chicken, as there are so many factors involved in this decision.

I took her for a walk outside. There is a cold wind out there and all he other chickens are choosing not to be outside. But I thought she could use fresh air and some dirt under her feet.
She didn’t want to come back in and almost turned wild! She is resting now while I research about the vaginal cream treatment to make a decision.

I also treated her and her 3 Brahma friends for SLMs today. I’m not sure they have them, but their scales look rougher than my other chickens’. I thought it was because their legs are feathered, but now that they had lice, I thought I better treat for that too.
Even if she doesn’t make it, I will have learned a lot through this. But, now I have new hope with the Monistat cream.
Thank you so much, @azygous , and everyone else who has given me advice!
Priscilla is in the barnyard right now. She hid by me from attacks and watched me work on chicken feet, and later went to her old coop and found a roost to sit there. I turned the heat lamp on.

Priscilla’s crop was still not empty. I took her bra off, since it didn’t help empty the crop, but I was afraid the lice would find a loop whole to come back.
She got her morning Monistat and ate, but seemed a little less active.
It is cold today (10 F, high today will be 23F), so I will wait until it is warm enough for her to join her flock for her daily integration time.
Hoping for better report soon.

Did you know that a crop bra may require several days of adjustment to get just the right fit to empty a crop? If the crop doesn't empty, it may mean the bra isn't adjusted tightly enough to lift the crop contents up high enough. I urge you to keep trying. You can leave it off during the day, but putting it on her at night deserves another chance.

Goin frew the same problem mines goin down gradually think god. Just got to watch out for bird flu in the uk now great 🤬

Back
Top Bottom