Impacted/doughy crop

Update: I have been making sure she has some water a few times a day. Crop still has some contents in it but is going down. This is a slow process she is one stubborn bird.

I think she may have had a heat stroke she is still real wobbly looses her balance and can't walk. Or she is playing me and likes to be babied. But I don't think thays it.

I did give her some laying mesh small amount this morning. Keeping water close to her.

She is pooping eating and drinking. Clucking also. All behaviors are normal other than walking.

Update: I have been making sure she has some water a few times a day. Crop still has some contents in it but is going down. This is a slow process she is one stubborn bird.

I think she may have had a heat stroke she is still real wobbly looses her balance and can't walk. Or she is playing me and likes to be babied. But I don't think thays it.

I did give her some laying mesh small amount this morning. Keeping water close to her.

She is pooping eating and drinking. Clucking also. All behaviors are normal other than walking.
Do you have Nutri-Drench?

You can give poultry NutriDrench orally 1 ml per every 3 pounds of weight daily, for a few days. Keep massaging her doughy crop to help break up the obstruction. Scratch grains (or corn) are very low in protein, and do not have the balanced nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that a balanced feed has. Mine get a little, but only after they have eaten all day long, and just a small amount as a treat. If they get it mixed in their feed, they will take it out first, and you could end up with fat birds or fatty liver disease.

Crop seems to be working better. I didn't get to check to see if it was fully empty this morning. But she is now walking a little and standing. She is improving each day.

I think she is playing me. I walked on thw back porch to check on her and she hurried and laied down. She was standing prior to me walking out there. Crazy spoiled chicken.

Back
Top Bottom