Impacted crop

MoaAloha

In the Brooder
Dec 15, 2023
Hi all please help.
I have 4 year old Easter eager with impacted crop. Noticed it a day ago. Didn’t notice it sooner cuz she was eating and drinking still. She is under weight.
I went through some of the post already.
I tried olive oil and massaging it downward. it’s not as hard. But its like doughy feeling with some lumpiness.
Trying to give her egg yolk for nourishment.
I read about stool softener.
What do you think about that and how would I give it?
Any suggestions please.

I use one capsule of stool softener at a time. Try to space them 12 hours apart or one per day. You should need to do it for more than two days. I that fails to break up the blockage, you may need to do crop surgery.

Hi all please help.
I have 4 year old Easter eager with impacted crop. Noticed it a day ago. Didn’t notice it sooner cuz she was eating and drinking still. She is under weight.
I tried olive oil and massaging it downward. it’s not as hard. But its like doughy feeling with some lumpiness.
Any suggestions please.
Hi all please help.
Any suggestions please.
Wondering how things went with your girl? I am at a loss with Blanche, my 7 month old BCM. I’ve tried every single thing I could find on this forum and just ordered everything to do the crop surgery. I’m scared to do it but I don’t see any other option at this point. She’s still semi active and will eat scrambled egg, drinks plenty of fluids. She’s happy to see her sisters when I take her out with them supervised- I don’t know what else to do.

Attachments

• IMG_0645.jpeg
    IMG_0645.jpeg
    444.6 KB · Views: 4
Wondering how things went with your girl? I am at a loss with Blanche, my 7 month old BCM. I’ve tried every single thing I could find on this forum and just ordered everything to do the crop surgery. I’m scared to do it but I don’t see any other option at this point. She’s still semi active and will eat scrambled egg, drinks plenty of fluids. She’s happy to see her sisters when I take her out with them supervised- I don’t know what else to do.
If you start your own thread, we can help you with your specific situation. Surgery is scary, but crop surgery is low risk, not involving any internal organs, and healing is pretty fast. As long as you have a helper, I can give you step by step instructions. But first, we will explore all you've done already and what else might be tried before you do surgery.

If you start your own thread, we can help you with your specific situation. Surgery is scary, but crop surgery is low risk, not involving any internal organs, and healing is pretty fast. As long as you have a helper, I can give you step by step instructions. But first, we will explore all you've done already and what else might be tried before you do surgery.
I thought I had already started a thread and now I can’t find it lol

I thought I had already started a thread and now I can’t find it lol
Mine girl is doing better. Her crop went down but I think it was a yeast infection. She is eating drinking but still kind of weak. So I’m keeping a close eye on her.
I hope your girl gets better

Mine girl is doing better. Her crop went down but I think it was a yeast infection. She is eating drinking but still kind of weak. So I’m keeping a close eye on her.
I hope your girl gets better
I’m glad your girl is doing better!
Blanche passed away today. I’m going to try to do the necropsy tomorrow. Not excited for it but I really need to know. Looked like she was doing better on Monday am. 😢

I’m glad your girl is doing better!
Blanche passed away today. I’m going to try to do the necropsy tomorrow. Not excited for it but I really need to know. Looked like she was doing better on Monday am. 😢
Oh let me know what you find please. I would like to learn about it

Back
Top Bottom