1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Impeyan Pheasants

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by AndysPeafowlSanctuary, Jan 11, 2011.

1. AndysPeafowlSanctuary

AndysPeafowlSanctuary Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow these pheasants look like mini peafowl sorta. Anyone have some for sale? I defently want a pair. Let me know. Thx Andy

2. coloradopeafowl

coloradopeafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    Lakewood, CO
    Go to eggbid.net and go to categorys and then ornamental pheasants and there is a pair for sale.

3. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Try Kelly MacMullan in Princeton,La.
    In N.H.,Tony.

4. AndysPeafowlSanctuary

AndysPeafowlSanctuary Chillin' With My Peeps

You wouldn't happen to have any of their email addys would you? Or do they have a website. Thanks Andy

5. doxies1

doxies1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2010
    West centeral Maryland
  6. CDT

CDT Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2011
    macon
    i would advise not getting those as imps are prices birds and hard to find and most dont sell them as eggs or chicks but as pairs when old enough to sex to many people ripping others off sellin eggs as imps when they are not buy these at ur own risk

7. jrsqlc

jrsqlc Obsessed with Peafowl

Dec 22, 2009
    Northwest Ohio
    A friend of mine sold his BEAUTIFUL pair at an Exotic Auction a few months back.
    The were perfect and almost 3 years old.

They sold for $130 a bird, times 2 birds equal $260

I thought the buyer got a good deal

8. DMFarm

DMFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Winona Tx
    Andy
    Before you buy some Impeyan they will not do good in your climate they like colder weather and can't take alot of heat. I been wanting some for years and that the reason I don,t have any. I hate to see you get some of these and they die from the heat.

9. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Hi DM,
    Love the palawans in your avatar.Did you hatch any this year?Do you happen to have an extra grey hen for sale?
    In N.H.,Tony.

10. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Andy I had them and as long as they have good shade they do fine.Misters help too. Unfortunately I lost mine to west nile,(these were the only birds that I loved so much I had a vet tell me why they died. The males coloring blows the doors off any bird Ive ever seen in my whole life.Period! This is a big problem for them any way but really in the southern states. When I do them again I will have a screen enclosure ( or you could vaccinate them every year). Theres a guy in miami doing well with them. I found out he too had to screen his pen ( had 4 babies from one pair) I personally think they are worth the trouble (I didnt know about the west nile problem when I first purchased mine) Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by