Impeyan Pheasants

i would advise not getting those as imps are prices birds and hard to find and most dont sell them as eggs or chicks but as pairs when old enough to sex to many people ripping others off sellin eggs as imps when they are not buy these at ur own risk

A friend of mine sold his BEAUTIFUL pair at an Exotic Auction a few months back.
The were perfect and almost 3 years old.

They sold for $130 a bird, times 2 birds equal $260

I thought the buyer got a good deal

Andy
Before you buy some Impeyan they will not do good in your climate they like colder weather and can't take alot of heat. I been wanting some for years and that the reason I don,t have any. I hate to see you get some of these and they die from the heat.

Andy I had them and as long as they have good shade they do fine.Misters help too. Unfortunately I lost mine to west nile,(these were the only birds that I loved so much I had a vet tell me why they died. The males coloring blows the doors off any bird Ive ever seen in my whole life.Period! This is a big problem for them any way but really in the southern states. When I do them again I will have a screen enclosure ( or you could vaccinate them every year). Theres a guy in miami doing well with them. I found out he too had to screen his pen ( had 4 babies from one pair) I personally think they are worth the trouble (I didnt know about the west nile problem when I first purchased mine) Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom