Improving the Color and Taste of Your Eggs

Their complains were hard egg shells and eggs that taste like eggs? The nerve of you! Producing nice hard shelled eggs that taste like fresh eggs.....
wink.png

Sheeple make my soul cry
sad.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
I love "sheeple"!!!! Can I steal that expression? They make me want to
he.gif
and
smack.gif
and
barnie.gif
!

I had someone tell me that farm eggs taste too "strong"! So, I said, "So, you prefer generic eggs as opposed to designer eggs?" She spluttered around and stuttered a few times....and then I placed the stinger....

I told her, "Its okay, some people don't have discerning tastes and haven't developed their palates to accept only the best foods. It must be a culture thing." And I calmly walked away with a looking-down-my-nose expression on my face.....the original chicken snob!
big_smile.png

You may indeed use sheeple ... They are a very common breed. The basic principle around their exsistance is to remain so unaware of their surrounds that they arent even aware of how unaware they are
wink.png

A prime example of sheeple is a woman eating a healthy turkey sandwich scoffing at a man wolfing down a hamburger because " Cattle are treated bad , penned up and murdered" The turkey just sliced off a few lbsfor her sandwich and went on to raise a family I guess huh?

Not to mention big soccer mom SUVs with leather seats piloted by a woman carrying $300 leather purses wearing $200 leather shoes and a $1000 leather jacket. Who takes the troop of rug rats with leather baseball gloves to McDonalds yet has a support PETA or Green peace sticker on the back. Id go on but then ill just get annoyed or laugh till I wake Laura up
hmm.png

I forget whos quote it is but its " The unaware are unaware that they are unaware"

:edit:
I hope no one takes this as a tree hugger post. Im a meat eater , hunter , trapper and fisherman lol

Last edited:
If you want eggs with a more orange center, change your feed.

50 pounds WHOLE Oats (not crimped)
50 pounds WHOLE Corn (not cracked)
50 pounds Lay Pellets
50 pounds Hen Scratch
Mix all this together and feed the mixture. Watch what they do not eat and adjust accordingly. Extras like veggies, fresh grass (yard cuttings) and bread will help too. Hard shells are a sign of good health. That can't be changed if you take good care of your chickens. Lots of crushed oyster shell in cups around the hens.

I think I have the color down. How about size? My hens have been laying around 2-3 weeks now. The size of the egg, once cracked is noticeably smaller than the LARGE organic eggs at the store. Will the hens start to increase the size of the egg as time goes by? The breed is your basic Tractor Supply brown layers. I feed them ORGANIC feed. For a throw out a couple cups of organic scratch. Is there anything I can do to increase egg size?
Thanks so much for any advice.

Back
Top Bottom