Impulse Chicks :)

Deerling

Songster
6 Years
Feb 5, 2013
King County, WA
We have an order of 25 brown egg layers coming from McMurray next week and my six year old daughter and I are breathlessly counting down the days until their arrival. We were returning some 250 watt bulbs today (way too hot, we got 100 watt instead) and the feed store had five day old Americaunas! Little chipmunk-like babies! All eating and pooping beautifully without a pasty butt among them, and us with a brooder set up and just waiting at home. Somehow we walked out with four.

They seem very happy, although I'm having a hard time getting the temp under the light below about 100 degrees. They're in our office, which stays really warm because of the computers and a window that gets lots of sun.

Ahh! Soo cute! Congrats on the new little ones. Would love too see more pics as they grow :)

Thanks! It's so fun to sit hear and hear their happy little peeps and scratches. I'll definitely post more pictures soon! I want to get some good ones out from under the red lights once they've had plenty of time to settle in.

Awww they are so cute. I walked out of Tractor Supply today with 6 little cuties today! You just can't resist them.

Ooh, what kind did you get? And I agree, they're just impossible to resist.

Thanks! It's so fun to sit hear and hear their happy little peeps and scratches. I'll definitely post more pictures soon! I want to get some good ones out from under the red lights once they've had plenty of time to settle in.

Ooh, what kind did you get? And I agree, they're just impossible to resist.
I got 3 Black Australorp and 3 Partridge Plymouth Rocks. They are so cute!

Aww to cute !!! :) It's impossible to walk past chicks and not bring a few home lol . Which would be why I'm avoiding are feed store for the next 3 monthes I brought home over 70 chicks last year they were all to cute :)

Back
Top Bottom