Imroducing ourselves

Amber.charlie

Chirping
Mar 20, 2018
Dorset, UK
Just introducing ourselves,
Hi!
We are amber and Charlie. We have two young children, 3 and 1.
We’re relatively new to chickens, we’ve had them for around 18 months or so now.
Our reason for getting some was our son, Kian (3), asking for some after we visited a farm. We thought about it and came to the conclusion that they are actually a great thing for him to learn to care for, and can teach him things along the way.. whilst not being too difficult for us to look after around our busy family life.
Since getting them we have all fallen in love with them.. they are our family pets. We currently have 7 hybrid hens ( all named by our son; button, run, pinky, arrow, bing, kiva, and marshal) and we also have a Ayam cemani cokerel called Diesel.
We are looking forward to learning more from this site.
Thank you for reading :)

welcome-group.gif
Welcome to Backyard chickens!

Great choice of pets for the Family!

Welcome! Chickens are so fun and I've learned TONS from this site! I got my first chickens a couple years ago, but my boys are all older and one was already moved out of the house at the time. I wish I would've been able to start when they were tots. See you guys in the forums!

G’Day from down under Amber & Charlie :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom