In case of emergency.....

MamaTurkey

Hatching
Sep 4, 2019
My Turkey and 5 chickens were recently attacked by a weasel, unfortunately I lost the chickens and my turkey has been in ICU at my house for the past 4 weeks. She lost all her tail feathers, I mean completely ripped out of the flesh and all her feathers on her back. Besides loosing all the back feathers she had deep gashes in the flesh...I have spent hours cleaning and putting medicine on her. I noticed she started pecking at the healing areas of her back, so I went to the store and bought boys tank tops, the tight fitting type. Now everyday, I apply her medicine and put her clean clothes on. She seems to be healing up very nicely, its going to take awhile, but thank goodness she is still here.
Wanted to share with the group, I visit here whenever I have issues and hoping this may help someone else out in the future.

Thanks!

My Turkey and 5 chickens were recently attacked by a weasel, unfortunately I lost the chickens and my turkey has been in ICU at my house for the past 4 weeks. She lost all her tail feathers, I mean completely ripped out of the flesh and all her feathers on her back. Besides loosing all the back feathers she had deep gashes in the flesh...I have spent hours cleaning and putting medicine on her. I noticed she started pecking at the healing areas of her back, so I went to the store and bought boys tank tops, the tight fitting type. Now everyday, I apply her medicine and put her clean clothes on. She seems to be healing up very nicely, its going to take awhile, but thank goodness she is still here.
Wanted to share with the group, I visit here whenever I have issues and hoping this may help someone else out in the future.

Thanks!
turkey.jpg

So sorry to hear about your chickens (I have a personal vendetta against members of the weasel family), but thank goodness your sweet turkey survived. Best wishes for her recovery!

Thank you everyone! will let Mama Turkey know of her support for a speedy recovery.
Looking for ideas for Chicken / Turkey houses....obviously need a safe idea where predators cannot gain access....they were on a raised floor inside a 16x24 structure with sliding doors, what does everyone use to predator proof the babies houses? I am hearing a weasel / mink can get through almost anything....

Back
Top Bottom