In lockdown with temp/humidity spikes/drops!! Help...

secuono

Crowing
13 Years
May 29, 2010
Virginia
I'm having issues with my incubator... It's a LG with turner and fan. It's been perfect for a few months, all of a sudden, it lost it.
Humidity and temps spiked overnight and then dropped while I was at work. Around 104F, then to 96F. Humidity 80%, then 30%.
No idea if my Silkie eggs are alive anymore...
They have/had 4-5 days left....
sad.png
(

I'm not opening the bator the check until a day after hatch day. Any chance they might make it?

Yes. There is ALWAYS hope!
(I had a temp spike of 108 and a drop to 93 and still had chicks hatch!)

Please keep us updated. Fingers crossed for you!

I only open to add water. Kind of like a 3week lock down. After these hatch or I have to toss them, I'll be making a hole for a tube for water so I never have to open it.

Greetings, Just learning but I'ed get that humidity down to 50-54. Your in lockdown, only have a few more hours, you can baby sit it. Is there someone who can keep after it if you have go to work? Good luck.

Richard

Last edited:
They are due the 25th and 26th. Spiked the night before and day of the original post. It's spiked 1.5 weeks ago too, but I checked the eggs and all seemed fine.
No one to watch them while at work. Can't lower humidity, since I seem to ALWAYS have shrink wrapped chicks...ugh
Temp seems stable this morning

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom