In memorium, Copper, the goodest boi.

azurbanclucker

Science! 🥃🦖
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Apr 29, 2017
Korriban
Copper came into our lives when he was 5, after his previous family gave him up for adoption. He's been a constant bundle of "typical Aussie" ever since. Wherever the crazy was, he was there herding it along. He was ball obsessed, and would literally chase a ball until he dropped from exhaustion. He loved french fries and rump scratches, and would probably kill a man for a Kraft single. He loved the kids, loved naps and laps, and was always ready to go for a walk or a campout.

This morning, he wouldn't even get up from his bed or do anything more than make eye contact. A very bad sign in a high energy goofball who always greets you at the bedroom door in the morning. We found out at the emergency vet that He had a massive tumor in front of his lungs, and given his age and the uncertainty that he would recover from a surgery to have any kind of life quality, we made the decision to let him go. He crossed the rainbow bridge in my arms and we made a raincheck play date to play fetch later. He was 11.

Sucks. From being seemingly just fine yesterday to not being here today is mind-numbingly painful.

Hug your good bois and girls. We're less human without them.
copper_hart_prairie1_hires.jpg
20151004_171724.jpg
20190702_163348.jpg
20200319_101832.jpg
20200822_123634(1).jpg
20200628_174523.jpg
20200319_192410.jpg

Copper came into our lives when he was 5, after his previous family gave him up for adoption. He's been a constant bundle of "typical Aussie" ever since. Wherever the crazy was, he was there herding it along. He was ball obsessed, and would literally chase a ball until he dropped from exhaustion. He loved french fries and rump scratches, and would probably kill a man for a Kraft single. He loved the kids, loved naps and laps, and was always ready to go for a walk or a campout.

This morning, he wouldn't even get up from his bed or do anything more than make eye contact. A very bad sign in a high energy goofball who always greets you at the bedroom door in the morning. We found out at the emergency vet that He had a massive tumor in front of his lungs, and given his age and the uncertainty that he would recover from a surgery to have any kind of life quality, we made the decision to let him go. He crossed the rainbow bridge in my arms and we made a raincheck play date to play fetch later. He was 11.

Sucks. From being seemingly just fine yesterday to not being here today is mind-numbingly painful.

View attachment 3083204View attachment 3083208View attachment 3083209View attachment 3083210View attachment 3083211View attachment 3083212View attachment 3083213
I’m so sorry :hugs

a piece of your soul always goes with them, he was a cutie pie. I can’t imagine what you and your kids are going through even with losing a dog. My girl Up there and him might be playing right now, and my boy sends you kisses and a high five for being a good dad.
:hugs

View attachment 3083204View attachment 3083208View attachment 3083209View attachment 3083210View attachment 3083211View attachment 3083212View attachment 3083213
So sorry. He is a lovely looking fella and obviously a wonderful companion. I am sure he had a great and happy life with you. Rest In Peace Copper.

Back
Top Bottom