In memory of Chewbacca

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by mamaKate, Feb 25, 2009.

1. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    She was a little yellow kitten in a pet shop, taken much too soon from her mother. We had to teach her to eat solid food. When we discovered that I had made a mistake and she was female, no one wanted to change her name. Chewbacca she was. Her first trick was crawling under covers to attack feet at midnight.
    When she was approximately breeding age, we separated her from her brother until I could get to the vet. There was a break- in while we were on an emergency visit to my dad's house. The intruders used mace to keep the dogs at bay and they certainly didn't care that the cats shouldn't be together. She birthed three kittens but only three survived. Of course we kept them. They're family.
    She could do a 7 ft completely vertical jump, she ran the zoo with graceful and unforgiving authority and she once put a (pet) wolf in a corner for getting too close to her babies.
    At 13, she was still in charge, but last night she lost her fight with a chronic ear infection that became pneumonia.
    I've done this too many times to count. It still hurts just the same. 'Bye Bok.

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

So sorry for your loss. She did live to a ripe old age and was obviously loved.

3. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    So sorry for your loss,

You know they never really die as long as you remember them.

[​IMG]

4. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    She sounds like she was a wonderful cat.
    Much like my Sabrina.

5. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    Sorry for your loss atleast you still have your chickens though [​IMG]

6. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    been there , my heart hurts with you. Micah [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I am sooo sorry for your loss. [​IMG] I absolutely love my kitties and every time one passes it breaks my heart.

8. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    [​IMG]

9. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:gotta love them momma cats [​IMG]

I am sorry for your loss [​IMG]

I have lost many cats and it never gets any easier [​IMG]

10. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    Thanks everyone. The first day is always the worst. Your encouragement really helped.
    Kate

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by