In Memory of Ehud

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by helmstead, Dec 5, 2007.

1. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Our JRT was struck by a car this morning on his morning potty break. I found him after calling them back inside so the UPS man could arrive unmolested. Bless his little heart, he almost made it home.

Ehud was a great dog - played ball all day long and loved the kids. He will be missed.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  2. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    Is there a way you can fence in your yard so they can't get to the road? I'm sorry about your loss....[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  3. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I am so sorry to hear about your JRT we had a mix and they are very high energy little dogs - I am sure he will be missed what a cute little face.

Julie

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Sorry for your loss. Having lost my 16 yo dog this summer, I know how you feel.

I was also wondering about a fence like jenichick asked.

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I'm so sorry Kate.

6. Equest94

Equest94 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    New York
    Oh, what a cutie... I'm so sorry for your loss.... [​IMG]

RIP Ehud

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  7. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    For those of you wondering about fencing...

We live in the woods off a cul-de-sac with 5 houses on it. Ehud was hit (more than 90% probability) by one of our neighbors on their way to work. The second JRT, Earp, accidentally got under my truck on our property. The first JRT, Jazer, was hit by our mail carrier right next to our mailbox.

We have done the electric fence. Didn't phase our JRTs one bit. We have built runs. They dig under. Bury the fence, they climb over. Dogs are happier loose - and we live in the country so they can. This is an unfortunate circumstance of that mentality I suppose.

Anyhow - thanks for the condolences.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm sorry about Ehud, Kate. I know they can be little escape artists, so not sure your fence would have kept that little imp contained-I've met him in person. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by