1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

In Memory of Ruby

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by quetsweyo, May 31, 2011.

1. quetsweyo

quetsweyo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Ruby was a dog who showed up in my yard one summer day in 2000, dragging a heavy chain attached to her thick neck with electrical tape, hopping on 3 legs- skin and bones, obviously mother to many litters. Abused she had finally escaped. She died in the early hours of May 28th. I hope I did right by her. Please give a thought for Ruby and all like her, there are way too many like her. Q.

2. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    It sounds like you did right by her as soon as you took her in. [​IMG] I'm sorry she is gone but I'm glad she found you.

3. onecent

onecent Chillin' With My Peeps

God bless you for taking Ruby in! she was able to live out her life in happiness!!! many [​IMG] to you!!

4. mrsruvi

mrsruvi Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2011
    Tucson
    oh i am so sorry for your loss. Youre a good person for helping her. [​IMG]

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    SO sorry!.. [​IMG]

6. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Many dogs have sad beginnings but not all get to have happy endings - thank you for giving Ruby hers.

7. quetsweyo

quetsweyo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Thanks for your kind words, it does help. Ruby has a cat, Teyla, who just loved her to pieces, slept whth her all the time and followed her around. She seems lost, running in and out of the house meowing up a storm, I think shes looking for her. Poor babies. . .they are my babys you know. q

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    So sorry, quets, my heart aches for you. But ya done good! Hope Teyla will start to feel better, it's hard to lose your best pal.

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

10. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by