IN NEED OF SOME HELP URGENTLY

chickenrun001

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 15, 2012
Hi everyone, new to all of this, forums, and keeping silkies

We have a young female silkie and for the past 2 days she has not been herself, ie she hasnt been eating or drinking very much, has hardly had any poo's either
We first notice there was a problem when we went to put the other silkies back in the coop for the night
In which she was in the corner on her own, very limp.
We lifted her and put her into the coop with the other silkies, when she started to sneeze, she lifted her neck up to the sky as if to try and clear, and then he head flops down and she does nothing
She is very weezy and her head gently rises and falls, she has one eye compeletly closed (left eye) but her right is wide open
Her face seems very dry as well as her beek we have tried feeding her, oaks and her normal food as well as trying to give her water which she excepted put only a tiny bit not enough to keep her going

Really need some HELP and ADVICE in what to do AS SOON AS YOU CAN
Because we really dont want her to pass

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ANY IDEA'S AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!!!!!

I'd put her in a crate with food, water and bedding until you diagnose what is wrong with her. How is her breathing? I'd her crop feel full and soft or empty? She might have a respiratory infection.. If so she will need antibiotics (that you usually can get off the shelf at your local livestock feed store).

Also her breathing is at times laboured, like she is gasping for air. as well as COUGHING,SNEEZING,WEEZING,
It also sounds as it she has a BLOCKED NOSE (Snotty Nose)

Also it seems as it the other silkies which are much bigger than our little one (which is the poorly silkie) have been picking on her as well

We have isolated her and bought her inside in the warmth

Thought i would and this as i forgot to in the last post

PLEASE HELP US!!!!

We just checked her coop and its empty

Also if she isnt taking much food or water whats the best way in giving her the antibiotics?

Would you know the name of the antibiotics she may need?

Feel silly as we are really new to this and not sure what to do we feel helpless

Back
Top Bottom