In need of some help

Molliep2

Songster
5 Years
Mar 8, 2018
my barred rock hen seems to always have poop stuck near her behind. It looks like this time it’s stuck on her skin. I would like to get it off and was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to go about it. Thanks!

my barred rock hen seems to always have poop stuck near her behind. It looks like this time it’s stuck on her skin. I would like to get it off and was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to go about it. Thanks!
I think many will tell you to bath her rear end in water and soak it off.
I let it go hard and break it off by squeezing and rolling it between my first finger and thumb. Latex gloves may be a good idea if you’re fussy.:)

I agree. You may be able to get some off first before you use any water. Do you have a small tote you can put some warm water in then put her in. I do bathe my birds before I take them to a show. They are actually quite calm when being bathed.

Epsom salt in the water works great for breaking up poop. I agree some birds just have poopy butt problems. When I find one that seems to have issues getting the feathers out of the way I trim them short.

Is it wet or dried hard?
Pics might help here.
If she has constantly loose poops, find the reason why.
I go with trimming the feathers.
Did the soaking it off once....gah, nasty, never again...if it's wet stuff tho bathing first might be best.

Back
Top Bottom