In neighbors backyard

mulelover1999

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 13, 2012
My chickens keep going in my neighbors backyard and I keep fix holes but they keep finding or making new ones. How can I stop this behavior?

They don't really have a run. I want to free range them eventually but they keep going in the neighbors yard and its so annoying

You could clip their wings or put netting over your pen!
Good luck!
highfive.gif

You need to get a fence or some way to contain the birds. You're going to lose them if you allow them to wander on to other folks property. Plus, it gives all chicken folks a bad name and makes it harder for us to keep birds in suburban or urban areas.

It is fenced. They find or make ways under it. I think I am just going to keep them cooped up then let them out and see how they do. I have no idea what else to do.

You need to get a fence or some way to contain the birds. You're going to lose them if you allow them to wander on to other folks property. Plus, it gives all chicken folks a bad name and makes it harder for us to keep birds in suburban or urban areas.
Agreed. Keep them in until you can control your flock. By letting them roam, your giving people in your city ammunition that they will use against responsible chicken owners.

OK, lets be productive now. How large is your flock? Describe the type of fencing. Describe the breaches that they make. How exactly are they getting out? What have you tried so far?

Riki

Last edited:
Agreed. Keep them in until you can control your flock. By letting them roam, your giving people in your city ammunition that they will use against responsible chicken owners.

OK, lets be productive now. How large is your flock? Describe the type of fencing. Describe the breaches that they make. How exactly are they getting out? What have you tried so far?

Riki

X2 Give us the details, we'll try to help!

Agreed.  Keep them in until you can control your flock.  By letting them roam, your giving people in your city ammunition that they will use against responsible chicken owners.  

OK, lets be productive now.  How large is your flock?  Describe the type of fencing.  Describe the breaches that they make.  How exactly are they getting out?  What have you tried so far?

Riki

I have 8 birds. I have chain link fencing. They keep going under and finding new holes.

Back
Top Bottom