In or Out , Up or Down

5peeps

Songster
11 Years
Apr 27, 2008
Winterset Iowa
Hello ,

I have a couple question about feeders , waters .

1. Is it better to hang your feeders , waters ?

2 . Which feeders are the best the free standing or the ones you mount to the side ?

3. Do you want food and water in and out of the coop ?

4. When you lock them up at night do you need food and water in with them ?

Thanks For All The Help

Will

Quote:
I dont hang waterers, if bumped they start spilling, and guarantee someone will attempt to roost on lip of waterer. I raise mine by putting on blocks of wood till birds are big enough for watere to rest on a cylinder block.

Quote:
This would be a personal preference. I personally prefer wall mounted.

Quote:
You can do either, I prefer food at least in coop, since I dont have a covered run, this way I dont have to make a way to keep food dry in event of rain/snow. I do have water available inside and outside of coop, so they dont have to go back in to get a drink.

Quote:
I would always have water available to them, just in case you did not get out first thing in the morning to let them out if you feed/water them outside. They can go a while without feed, but need water at all times.

Last edited:
I have water in, out of the run, and in the run. I find that if I move the food or water even 3 feet, the chickens can't find it, LOL
I keep the food in cause I don't want varmits looking for a snack if some gets on the ground.
My water is raised up on a block.

(And hello Marlin)

Quote:
HI Sem, this works too.
wee.gif

I leave mine out in run but if its going to rain I put it in coop. My hens can always find food well maybe they just keep there eyes on me when I move it lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom