In Shock

punk-a-doodle

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 15, 2011
I can not believe it. That sweet blue lop we just adopted keeled over dead. I knew he was obese, and that being overweight can be serious in rabbits, but never expected that. I was concerned because he was so fat that he wheezed when he lay down in some positions, and he stretched out panting like he was hot even in our 66 degree house. He couldn't even do a proper binky, more like a head flip with a bit of lift, but it was so nice to see him happy. He was still warm and limp when we found him. We both thought he was just sleeping until my husband noticed he wasn't breathing. Appears to have been a heart attack. He had been snuggling into us, puddled in our lap soaking up being pet just a few hours prior. I can not believe that he is gone just like that. We've had him for four days.

hit.gif
Four days?? That's not long enough. I am so sorry for you loss
hugs.gif

Of all the animals that I have dealt with, rabbits are probably the most susceptible to stress. The reactions to the stress of environmental change can vary from enteritis, to pneumonia to sudden death. As you are already aware it is nothing that you did wrong-- somtimes it just happens.

Back
Top Bottom