(In the chicken mind) Is he trying to tell us something?

Firefyter-Emt

Songster
12 Years
Jul 26, 2007
Northeastern Connecticut
About a week ago I decided it was time to tell the girls just how this whole freeloading life style is gonna go.

I made a couple nice wooden eggs and placed one in each nest after telling them just how, when and where they are to place them.
927081.jpg

I know they see them, they are leaving feathers! No poo to noticed, so I guess my locking htem out for about two months worked well.
927082.jpg

Next week will be 18 weeks for the Buff's and BR's so let's get to it already girls!
wink.png

yuckyuck.gif

I bet they are going in there and looking at them and having conversations like this:

C1: What is it?

C2: No idea.

C1: Why is it here?

C3: Maybe they want us to keep it for them.

C1: Can we eat it?

C2: Better not, it was put there by the human so it has to stay there. C'mon lets get out of here....that thing creeps me out.

lau.gif

That is a cute story. You keep talking to them girls and telling them what you want and such. They will start listening...
wink.png

Last edited:
Or, "Wonder if this wooden egg is like a wooden nickel and he wants us to take it seriously?" Or this:
"Jeez, next thing ya know, he'll put a glass egg in here and expect us to start laying those!" and finally:
"Ya suppose he's got another breed somewhere churning these things out?"

roll.png

I know what they are thinking....

Chicken 1 is running around frantically looking everywhere for something.
Chicken 2 starts running around looking also.
Chicken 3 ( of above average chicken intelligence) says " Whatcha looking for"
Chicken 2 says " Um I dunno- What ARE we looking for?"
Chicken 1 says- " We are looking for the wooden chicken who is showing us up laying those wooden eggs"
Chicken 3 says " Well, the eggs have been there for a week, with no new ones. So maybe the human got upset at the lack of production and turned it into toothpicks"

And thats why they are waiting till they are dern good and ready before starting to lay!!!!!

I used ceramic eggs. Every day I'd find them tossed clean across the coop. Apparently, the nesting boxes aren't very comfortable with a lump of ceramic in the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom