1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

in the coop

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sheetmetaltom, Oct 2, 2013.

1. sheetmetaltom

sheetmetaltom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    moved my 6 week old chicks into the coop for the 1st time (these are my 1st chickens). all locked up.
    checked on them twice already. lol. cant wait for morning to let them out. will they go into the coop by themselves
    now, or will I have to put them in myself a couple of times?

2. I share your enthusiasm. Well, I should say I used to have the same enthusiasm of gettting up ever morning to let them out. Now I do like to sleep in until 7 once in a while. [​IMG]

Wish ya the best.

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

They will certainly learn where the "home" is. It make take a few times, but they will get it! Enjoy them!

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    They'll figure it out. Enjoy them!

5. Chickens R Us

Chickens R Us Chillin' With My Peeps

I just integrated 4 pullets into my flock and after 4 days they started going in by themselves.

6. sheetmetaltom

sheetmetaltom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    thanks. every day more go in by themselves. 6 yesterday, 8 today. much easier then then catching
    and putting them in myself.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by