in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

Del Toro Lake in Chile
Del Toro Lake in Chile.PNG

Squash.. grows plentiful! All over the world I guess. :) I gave so much away this year. My two plants wouldn't stop giving, and I don't jar. We like to steam ours, with butter. Then salt and pepper for me..just a very small amount of pepper. Yellow and crook neck squash.View attachment 3266851
I didn’t think to take a photo of zucchini, and now they have all been processed into canned food. The varieties used here look something like this (photo from the Internet)
1-16.jpg

Most often, white and green are grown here (I didn’t have any yellow ones).
They usually become stiff (the skin becomes tough) and can be stored for a long time, especially those that are green. But somehow it so happened that I processed them all into canned food.
I had a lot of empty jars and got a little carried away.

No land lines in our house anymore. All cell.
So far, I've only done internal communication. It is used between floors, and between the house and the garage. Sometimes this is very convenient.
There is also a cellular connection, but calls are paid there. Intercom is free, with the exception of electricity charges. But a mini PBX consumes an average of 8 watts of electricity.
The Internet here is wired, fiber optic lines. I have not figured out yet whether the provider provides the ability to install wired phones. So - technically it is possible to connect (transition from online connection to old wired ones, for this ancient FXS boards are used).
I don’t know, maybe at my leisure I will start to understand this, or maybe I will leave the link only for internal use.
It's just that I have a relatively large house and intercom makes it easier to communicate in case of emergency. Sometimes truckloads of hay or grain arrive, sometimes my father buys a bunch of cheap watermelons from the market somewhere - and I have to go out and unload it.
Our heating system is quite simple and primitive, the boiler does not have sensors, therefore, in case of strong warming, you need to go to the boiler room yourself and regulate the gas boiler. If it gets hot, my parents can call me at night and ask me to go to the boiler room. The heating system does not have remote control, there i have to come and turn the knob manually ))
Well, I also like the notification system - you can pick up the phone on one of the phones and yell a message at once into all the speakers of all phones. Like "Pasha, come out, the watermelons have arrived" or "The workers sawed off the trees under the power lines, go get free branches for the goats."
In the place where I live - watermelons are grown only in greenhouses, and they are dwarf, no more than 1-2 kg. All large watermelons are brought from afar, large watermelons are not grown here (summer is too short). Therefore, in the fall, we often buy a whole bunch of watermelons.

Back
Top Bottom