in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

Beautiful but, a little too much dog for me, Pasha
Is this more your style Nancy? This my little Gracie. A Shi Tzu shaved down.
IMG_20200312_132015.jpg

Love this dog! Looks like a polar bear..the white ones. Are they gentle? Make good pets? Or more for watching over flock?
They are large and very kind, well suited for playing with children, but they have one feature - they do not like other people's animals and can be a serious danger. and they also constantly hunt in the protected area. My dogs caught moles, hedgehogs, foxes. cats (!), and even a crows. I remember my dog lying nearby and guarding the little ducklings (2 days old), and when the crow arrived, the dog instantly reacted, grabbed that crow and began to shake like a rag. On this, the life of the crow ended ...
And another feature is that they must get used to since childhood, if the dog knows ducklings, goslings and chickens since childhood — it will never hunt poultry, but if it has never seen them near of the owner in the childhood, this is it will be a real problem, because it’s extremely difficult to train an adult dog, she will constantly think that poultry is food, that she needs to be killed and eaten. He will specially go to hunt down and look for opportunities to eat a poultry. The same situation with cats and dogs of other breeds.
Moreover, if a dog has been accustomed since childhood, it is very patient, my Alabai did not bite geese even when the geese tried to attack him and plucked. The dog simply pushed them away or went away himself.
With strangers, the dog is also quite dangerous if a stranger comes, it stops him and forces him to stand motionless for several hours until the owner of the dog comes. It will simply lie nearby and growl, preventing it from moving. Once a neighbor came to me and sat in the doghouse for about two hours, the dog drove him there and did not allow him to go out. Therefore, when such dogs are brought in, they always build a high fence and close the gate to the castle so that the dog does not accidentally block the postman or neighbor.

Back
Top Bottom