in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

5952.jpeg
5943.jpeg

This is Jake and Frost.....

I bought young geese, wanted to temporarily settle them in a goose shed, but it turned out that one of the geese had sat down there to incubate eggs. Therefore, I settled the new geese with the ducks.
Today I put them in one goose, which hatched in my incubator and grew up in my room. It was not very easy - the new geese do not know me and are afraid of me, but this goose, on the contrary, is absolutely tame and follows me. I tried for a long time to introduce him to new geese, finally I succeeded and now they walk together. when these geese grow very large, I will transfer them to the territory of the other geese. Now I do not do this, because in the barn the goose sits on eggs, and the bathtub for bathing there is deeper and is designed for adult geese, not small ones. There are at less 18 young geese.
гуси2.jpg

It`s my room. I found out here in the area where I live, as it turned out, I missed the terms for buying turkey poults, and therefore I had to go to completely different owners and buy leftovers. I don't remember anymore, but someone mistakenly sold me quail instead of a turkey. At first I wondered how strange the turkey was, and why he sings so unusually, and then I looked closely and understood. that this is not a turkey, but a quail. I also bought some guinea fowls. While they are small, they live together, then I will put them in different rooms.

Фото2836.jpg

on the left is a quail, and on the right is a young turkey. I contrived to confuse quail with turkey :lol: Well, I think this problem can be solved simply by buying more quails for this quail so that he does not get bored. In principle, I have long wanted to have quails, I just did not have time to buy them. I will have to think about where to settle them later - perhaps in a long closet where I usually keep a young bird, or maybe I will give them the shed where I plan to keep a piglet in the future (but now there is no piglet, so the shed is free).
Фото2843.jpg

I also bought a couple of young goslings that were available. When they grow up, I will settle them with the rest.
Фото2841.jpg

I managed to buy five ducklings from a hostess. One, unfortunately, was very weak and did not survive, the rest 4 are active, eat well and have grown a little yesterday. I also hatched the first chick in the incubator and there is also one small goose, which I bought, it seems, from the same hostess. While they are small, they will sit in a box under a lamp. The box is already a little dirty, today I will still use it, and tomorrow I will have to put an another.
Фото2840.jpg

Once I dreamed of having bees, but they decided not to ask me and settled themselves in my room in the attic. True, these are not bees, but bumblebees. They are a good pollinator for the garden and vegetables. A couple of days ago, I got tired of throwing bumblebees out the window, there were about 15 of them every day. Over time, under the boards, the buzz got louder and louder and the sound began to resemble the hum from an electric transformer booth. And then, as I understood, the nest became larger and I saw a lot of bumblebees sitting on the insulation, and intensively ventilating their nest with their wings.

My office is located in this attic, where I play on the computer, accordion and read books, no one goes to this room except me (it is located on the third floor, and my parents live on the first), so I decided to leave these bumblebees here. They do not bother me, local bumblebees are insects with absolutely no aggression, so that they begin to bite, they need to be specially caught and held in the hands.

Фото2846.jpg
Unfortunately, this is all that my phone is capable of, but if you look closely, you can see a lot of bumblebees in the picture among the insulation.
In general, they produce honey in the same way as bees, and, most likely, they will then have a decent supply there, but I will not go to get it, and I don’t want to ruin their nest, it’s enough for me that they fly around the garden and pollinate my plants.
Фото2844.jpg

Back
Top Bottom