in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

Maybe you are a thunderstorm magnet :idunno :gig
Frankly speaking, I live on iron hills, that is, there is a lot of iron in the soil, even drinking water with some excess of iron. Therefore, lightning often strikes this area, most often not in towering buildings, trees or metal structures, but for some reason every time on the road. True, the road is made of Soviet-made reinforced concrete slabs, in which there is a lot of metal, perhaps they also attract lightning.
In this thunderstorm, lightning struck the fence. No one was hurt, the animals hide in the sheds during a thunderstorm, but the electric cable going to the transformer stuck and soldered to the iron pole. The cable itself is intact, but the burnt piece had to be cut out and a sleeve put in, because it is expensive to change the entire cable, it is long.
Фото3400.jpg

I did not have time to remove these branches, one of the neighbors sawed the trees on the site, and gave them to me, I brought them for the goats to gnaw them (there were leaves and bark). I hung out the electric cable on purpose, usually it is fixed along the line.
Фото3401.jpg

Lightning struck an iron pole, which goes about one and a half meters into the ground, it is painted with paint, but lightning is lightning, and the cable adjacent to the pole was pierced and burned. Subsequently, I heard strange clicks, as if someone was hitting an empty pan with a thick nail, and only then I realized that there was a short circuit. Apparently, the spark was small, so the automatic machine did not turn off.
Фото3402.jpg

I had to put the coupling and insulate it.
Фото3405.jpg

In the place of the electrical panel, inside which there are a couple of sockets (for connecting a pump, if I want to water the greenhouse from a barrel where rainwater flows) and a 12 V transformer, another "gift" was waiting for me. These tangled wires are my disease, I always forget to lay them correctly, and they often hang like this, but now I won’t remove them anymore, because wasps settled there. They are not very aggressive and allow you to open the shield to connect the pump, but they obviously will not allow you to touch the wires.
Фото3407.jpg

In principle, it is not difficult to remove these wasps - you can wait for the night when they sleep and do not fly and take the nest into the forest, but I'm too lazy, I decided to leave them. These wasps build a new nest every year, so I decided not to touch them. Last year they made a nest in the attic of the goose barn. It is separated from the ceiling, so this was not a threat to the geese, so I did not remove them even then.
Once these wasps made a nest in the tall grass, I went to mow it and they bit me. But it's my own fault - I dropped their nest on the ground )))

Back
Top Bottom