in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

About 18 years ago, I had a boss who ran a food business. It was a four-story factory for the production of all kinds of salads and hot dishes for shops.
Unfortunately, the boss worked inefficiently, liked to go to bars too often, spent a lot of money on travel, beautiful cars, women, and so on. and as a result got into large bank and other debts.
It ended up that his property passed to the bank, and small things - to other creditors, whom he also managed to owe.
Since then, I have got a lot of different and strange rubbish, half-disassembled meat grinders, for which I then bought spare parts in the services so that I could work with them, and so on.
Today I took apart a box in the kitchen for putting green tomatoes in it (summer is short here, in autumn there are a lot of green tomatoes, it is customary to hide them in a dark place where they lie and ripen, turning red. These ripened tomatoes are sourer than those that have ripened in the sun in summer, but quite suitable for making tomatoes for meat dishes, as well as an ingredient in borscht (soup with beets, cabbage and tomatoes) and so on.
But the story is not entirely about this, but about something else, I found this artifact, inherited from this former boss. To be honest, I can't figure out what it is. Does anyone have any idea what this thing is and where and what it could be used for? Here is it:
View attachment 3270999
View attachment 3271000
I can't enlarge the picture enough to be sure but it looks like a knife sharpener I had once. Just drag the knife blade across the steel wheels where they come together.

20220919_234308.jpg

Christmas will be here before you know it!

I can't enlarge the picture enough to be sure but it looks like a knife sharpener I had once. Just drag the knife blade across the steel wheels where they come together.
I was thinking the knife sharpener is there wheels. ?
Looks like some sort of scale to me.
My God, this is really a knife sharpener. This thing has been lying around in my kitchen for two decades and I still could not figure out what it was. Usually I use something simpler, or a disk machine or a "boat" bar:
bil-17-480-0.jpg

aff729d0-5402-11df-a93f-00248cd1ead8_de530990-f537-11eb-8187-941882088fb6.jpeg

Haha, for almost 20 years I could not understand that knives are sharpened with this thing :lau

My God, this is really a knife sharpener. This thing has been lying around in my kitchen for two decades and I still could not figure out what it was. Usually I use something simpler, or a disk machine or a "boat" bar:
bil-17-480-0.jpg

aff729d0-5402-11df-a93f-00248cd1ead8_de530990-f537-11eb-8187-941882088fb6.jpeg

Haha, for almost 20 years I could not understand that knives are sharpened with this thing :lau
I thought that's what it is. I just couldn't see it good. Just be careful. I was using mine once and was taking my last pull through the wheels, missed and drug the blade across my pointer finger instead. Went down to the bone.

Back
Top Bottom