in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

My daughter has parakeet babies hatching. Parents don't know what they're doing. First one died. She's trying to feed this one early on. Budgie's are hard to save. :( View attachment 3439701
As a child, I had budgerigars, but the female died (apparently, she was elderly and caught a cold). We had to mess with them for a long time and they miraculously survived, because we fed them anything - it seems that we ground their food (we used a coffee grinder) with bread into flour and mixed with warm cow milk (!) Feed them from a pipette, which people usually use for colds. So that they would not freeze, under the house where they slept, we put an electric fireplace. It was not very safe, but the house was concrete, and a full-fledged fire was impossible there. I remember I was very stupid, it was an old Soviet electric fireplace, the spiral went away there and I decided to fix it with my hands (I was 7 years old). I couldn't think of unplugging the electrical appliance from the socket before getting into it.
As a result, it turned out that I closed both ends near the heating coil with my hands. I was lucky that I only touched it with my fingers and did not grab it. In general, I was shaken and thrown away. The most comical thing is that after that the spiral fell into place and the fireplace started working again. Those. parrots are not cold. I got 4 of them, except for their father. Then we gave them away to different neighbors.

In the house of these parrots lay a thick layer of wooden sawdust, which I begged from the teacher of labor in elementary school. We had a “labor” office, where there were machines and it was possible to saw something on them. Specifically, in this school, the teacher was attentive and strict, it was not allowed to play with the machines, but in another school, one of my acquaintances managed to cut off two of his fingers there.

In today's world, life is easier - I think if the birds are stupid and don't keep the chicks warm, then you can put them in a temperature-controlled incubator or brooder, rather than playing with an old electric fireplace, risking either underheating or overheating.

Although budgerigars are still difficult in this regard - they are nesting birds, not brood birds, their chicks are not as independent.
Good luck with the rest, I hope they survive.

I haven't seen a yellow plum here.
Here, too, they are not very common. I have one tree that was given to me in the market. I bought some bushes, it seems a gooseberry, and the seller gave me a plum seedling, said that it was yellow.
It somehow bears little fruit, perhaps it needs more southern territories. Sometimes I find 2-3 plums there during the summer.
And so they are larger than usual, photos from the Internet (I didn’t take pictures of mine, but just ate).
ZHeltaya-sliva-40.jpg

As a child, I had budgerigars, but the female died (apparently, she was elderly and caught a cold). We had to mess with them for a long time and they miraculously survived, because we fed them anything - it seems that we ground their food (we used a coffee grinder) with bread into flour and mixed with warm cow milk (!) Feed them from a pipette, which people usually use for colds. So that they would not freeze, under the house where they slept, we put an electric fireplace. It was not very safe, but the house was concrete, and a full-fledged fire was impossible there. I remember I was very stupid, it was an old Soviet electric fireplace, the spiral went away there and I decided to fix it with my hands (I was 7 years old). I couldn't think of unplugging the electrical appliance from the socket before getting into it.
As a result, it turned out that I closed both ends near the heating coil with my hands. I was lucky that I only touched it with my fingers and did not grab it. In general, I was shaken and thrown away. The most comical thing is that after that the spiral fell into place and the fireplace started working again. Those. parrots are not cold. I got 4 of them, except for their father. Then we gave them away to different neighbors.

In the house of these parrots lay a thick layer of wooden sawdust, which I begged from the teacher of labor in elementary school. We had a “labor” office, where there were machines and it was possible to saw something on them. Specifically, in this school, the teacher was attentive and strict, it was not allowed to play with the machines, but in another school, one of my acquaintances managed to cut off two of his fingers there.

In today's world, life is easier - I think if the birds are stupid and don't keep the chicks warm, then you can put them in a temperature-controlled incubator or brooder, rather than playing with an old electric fireplace, risking either underheating or overheating.

Although budgerigars are still difficult in this regard - they are nesting birds, not brood birds, their chicks are not as independent.
Good luck with the rest, I hope they survive.
They are feeding this baby now. My daughter expects another egg to hatch tomorrow. Will see! (Glad you didn't get harmed too badly.)

Here, too, they are not very common. I have one tree that was given to me in the market. I bought some bushes, it seems a gooseberry, and the seller gave me a plum seedling, said that it was yellow.
It somehow bears little fruit, perhaps it needs more southern territories. Sometimes I find 2-3 plums there during the summer.
And so they are larger than usual, photos from the Internet (I didn’t take pictures of mine, but just ate).
ZHeltaya-sliva-40.jpg
They look tasty! Bet they are sweet when ripe.

Back
Top Bottom