In Trouble

Roxadee

Songster
Dec 30, 2023
Long time no see, medical problems I will not go into. I have 2 female Pilgrim geese; both are on a nest. I don't know, but I'm assuming that there are eggs. The problem is that they didn't make their nest in the coup; they decided to make them both on the pond, building it out of cat tails. How do I move the eggs and the geese back into the coup?

Since they're broody you might only have a brief period of time each day while they go eat and drink. You'll probably just have to shew them off and take the eggs. Can't you lock them in the coop with some water and feed? Not sure if you want these to hatch or not.

Since they're broody you might only have a brief period each day while they go eat and drink. You'll probably just have to shew them off and take the eggs. Can't you lock them in the coop with some water and feed? Not sure if you want these to hatch or not.
I can lock them up and feed and water them. Do I put both females together in there?

Just seeing the eggs and nest in its new location can sometimes be enough, but you could try locking them in the coop for half a day or a full day to make them start using it.
You can give them food in their coop but that can be really messy. A 2 gallon bucket with a good sized rock in the bottom can stop them from taking a complete bath and tipping it over and placing their food bowl in a larger bin or bus tub can limit them from tossing their food around.

You can try making a nest for them in the coup and moving their eggs to it. Geese will steal eggs and sometimes nests so they might take it over.
Your kidding. Do you mean their eggs aren't enough? Do they have to covet their sisters? LOL. Stop.
Since they're broody you might only have a brief period of time each day while they go eat and drink. You'll probably just have to shew them off and take the eggs. Can't you lock them in the coop with some water and feed? Not sure if you want these to hatch or not.
Well, I guess they are fine where they are; both of my Pilgrims are only a few feet apart, and my Gander is going back and forth checking on them both. Thank you all for your advice It is nice to know I will get an answer.

Your kidding. Do you mean their eggs aren't enough? Do they have to covet their sisters? LOL. Stop.

Well, I guess they are fine where they are; both of my Pilgrims are only a few feet apart, and my Gander is going back and forth checking on them both. Thank you all for your advice It is nice to know I will get an answer.
They’re like dragons hoarding gold

Back
Top Bottom