In your opinion...whats the best bator out there ?

nursesammy

Songster
9 Years
Mar 21, 2010
Alta Vista , KS
So im looking to buy an incubator for next spring. In you guys' opinion what the best one out there for hatching out at least 12 at a time for chicken and duck eggs?

Well, in my humble opinion I would not recommend the Little Giant. There's difficulty maintaining the humidity. What ever brand you choose, do not rely on the thermometer included in the kit. Your best bet is to purchase a reliable digital Thermo-Hygrometer.

I got a brinsea octagon 20 ex last week. it is completely digital. I have not had to adjust anything in the last 5 days. It is expensive since it only holds 24 eggs, but to me it's worth it not to have to keep checking the temp and humidity!

I've had the hova bator for years, with varying degrees of success. I'm currently building my own. Can't afford a really good one, but despite my lack of carpentry skills, I think I can swing making a cabinet style with insulation. The biggest problems with the styrofoam ones in maintaining temperature and humidity. Hatching eggs are too expensive to take chances.

I made my own incubator For under $20.
But I have heard that the Genesis 1588 is pretty good from people posting on BYC.
I think it costs somewhere around $150 dollars or something.

build you one, you dint have to be a carpenter to build a bator, its simple, & you will enjoy it more, i have 2 & i use my homemade one the most.

I LOVE my hovabators, and LOVE my genesis model
smile.png

It's so easy to operate, it's crazy!

Back
Top Bottom