Incorporating dif. aged chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Ec_Prokta, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Hey,

I'm getting some day olds in the mail, and I alredy have week olds. My question is, how do you intouduce them? I'll have to intouduce them when the biggies are abou 6 wk, the mail orders, 3.

2. Snakeoil

Snakeoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    SE Iowa
    Shouldn't be a problem, they will get things ironed out who is the boss.

3. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    I would give the shipped chicks a day or 2 to recover and make sure they are eating and drinking. Then just put them together. I had no trouble putting week younger chicks from the feedstore in with some I hatched myself.

4. futurefarmer08

futurefarmer08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    near Sac. Ca
    Yeah, I hatched an only chick! She thought she was a princess. She was so sad and lonely and NOISY, that we got her 2 friends at the feed store. They looked to be only a week apart. Princess Buttercup was very indignant that there were chicks of all things in her brooder.[​IMG] She wanted to be with us. I watched them for a long while to make sure she was going to be civil. One of the chicks thought she was a princess too and would follow her around and do whatever she did. Now 3 days later, they are all friends and they follow each other and call to each other. So cute. I would just keep a check on them to quell any misbehavior![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by