Incredibly Spectacular Indian Runner in need of emergency temporary re-homing! (London, UK)

girlandduck

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 6, 2012
Hello, my name is Shay and I have a duck. As far as I know he is the most amazing duck on the planet. He is 7 months old and I have had him since he was 3 days old. Someone gave him to us at a party and I live in central London, so he lives in my room (with daily two hour walks and a massive paddling pool in the back garden). The problem is, I'm a student in London and I took time off for financial reasons, I was denied re-entry to the country after a short trip. It shouldn't have happened as I didn't do anything wrong, but it did and now my boyfriend is trying to work full-time and care for a duck (which is a big responsibility) and help me sort out my visa issues. I'm worried my duck is getting lonely and I'm afraid he'll become depressed. I thought he could come back to California with me, but there's no way he'd be happy with a month in quarantine, during which time I can't even visit him.

I'm willing to pay for food and board (and anything else that comes up, like vet bills) if anyone would be willing to take my duck until May or June, which is the earliest we think I'll be able to return. Like I said, he's 7 months old, he hasn't shown any signs of ill health. He's unbelievable friendly with people and just incredibly sweet and funny. I think he'll be fine with a couple of other ducks, I used to walk him with a man who had two drakes himself and they got on alright. I can pay board, whatever is suggested as a fair price. I basically just need to know my pet is in a good environment, as he is pretty much my baby. If anyone in southern England could possibly help I would be so, so grateful. My email is [email protected] and you can email anytime. Thank you.

Last edited:
He is indeed a wonderful duck which i can personally vouch for as i have met him many times. I am the owner of Donald and Daffy the two Rouen drakes who i have made countless threads on. I would take fabby in however its not easy for me due to lack of space. I can be of help to anyone who wishes to take Fabby in and if there are any concerns or troubles i am always avaliable to anyone who would be kind enough to look after this amazing duckie :D

FABSTER THE WHITE DUCK, HES A WHITE DUCK YES INDEED! FABSTER THE WHITE DUCK WHITE DUCKS ARE SO NEET!!!

H
es giving me bite kissed on my hand which is now red LOL. Just came from the park and were about to go back out with the other boys

ha. Oh, I love when he puffs up his crest, like in photo 1. It seems like he's trying to say something very important (he always quacks kind of insistently and does a weird little back and forth march for a second or two when he does that) It looks like you two had a great couple of days! :)

Yh haha he paces back and forwards. Cant wait to see you both again. i accedently found some baby pictures of donald and daffy...

I just so happened to come across this thread....have you found anyone to take your duck? I hope all goes well for you- I live in the states....
Good Luck with your issues, and I certainly hope you are soon reunited with your feathered friend!!

Any news on our beloved feathered freind. I miss little fabby loads and loved having him stay with me. He was amazing and cant wait to see him again :D

Back
Top Bottom